May 21, 2024  
2024-2025 College Catalog 
2024-2025 College Catalog

Student Services Offices, Programs and Activities


The Student Success and Enrollment Management Division is responsible for admissions, academic success centers, assessment services, registration and records, residence life, career and employment services, counseling services, financial aid, disability services, student activities, clubs and organizations, TRIO, Success Coaching, Veteran and Military Services, and academic advising. In addition to these on-campus services, CCC has established contractual relationships for food service and campus bookstores.

Academic Success Centers

The Academic Success Centers (ASC) on each campus offer a variety of services designed to help students improve their academic performance including access to in-person and virtual tutors and writing coaches. The ASC also assists students in improving reading, writing, language and math skills to the level that college coursework demands. All services are available to currently enrolled CCC students taking courses either on-campus, through a distance-learning setting, or online.

Academic Skill Builder Workshops provide intensive, focused study sessions designed to help students sharpen skills in math, language, or reading. Students meet in the Academic Success Center to work independently through study material, while ASC staff are there to answer questions, check progress, and to assist as needed.

The Academic Success Centers are located at:

  • Columbus Campus: Student Center, Room 119
  • Grand Island Campus: Room 451
  • Hastings Campus: Dawson Building, Room 220
  • Kearney Center: Room 209

Academic Transfer Specialists

Each campus has an Academic Transfer Specialist on staff. Academic Transfer Specialists are focused on helping students plan for transfer to four-year institutions. They provide information regarding admissions requirements, programs of study, transferability of courses, and scholarships. They are also highly knowledgeable about articulation and opportunities to transfer to localcolleges and universities. For more information on these agreements please visit the transfer page at


Central Community College (CCC) endorses the philosophy that the ultimate responsibility for making decisions about educational plans and life goals rest with the individual student. Therefore, the college’s advising program and the following guidelines are designed to assist students in developing educational plans that support their life goals.

Students pursuing a certificate, diploma, or degree are assigned an advisor.

When advising assistance is requested, students are advised to register for the number of credits considered reasonable by the student and the student’s advisor, considering the student’s ability and needs. Students will be challenged to work at their maximum potential and complete an associate degree or equivalent in two years or less.

Registration Restrictions – The following issues may be cause for college personnel to restrict the number of credit hours for which students may enroll in a semester: (1) failure to maintain satisfactory academic progress, (2) attendance concerns, (3) availability of scheduled class time, and/or (4) other extenuating circumstances. Other special conditions may be established under which students can enroll including but not limited to regular meetings with counselors and advisors, enrollment in developmental courses, and/or completion of assessment tests.

Members of the faculty and Student Services staff serve as advisors. Student services provides information and support to advisors, including:

  1. Providing advisors with accurate and timely information about the policies, procedures, and processes which affect the advising relationship.
  2. Preparing and distributing materials to assist advisors in providing correct information to students regarding registration procedures, academic regulations, and graduation requirements.
  3. Ensuring that all advisors are informed as to the various campus resources which may be utilized for referral purposes.
  4. Ensuring that all advisors have access to necessary student records.
  5. Providing the resources and expertise of student services personnel in the delivery of advisement services.


Intercollegiate athletics are offered at the Columbus campus in the following sports: Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Men’s Golf, Women’s Softball and Women’s Volleyball. Esports is offered on the Columbus, Grand Island, and Hastings campuses. Athletic schedules and more information about intercollegiate athletics may be found at

A copy of the approved schedule is on file on the NJCAA website at

Campus Bookstores

CCC houses a bookstore at the Columbus, Grand Island and Hastings campuses. In addition to textbooks and school supplies, the bookstore also offers a variety of miscellaneous merchandise for student purchases. The bookstore establishes textbook refund policies. Customer hours are posted at each individual campus bookstore or you may visit

Career and Employment Services

Career and Employment Services are available to graduates and current students. The Career and Employment Staff is available to assist students in developing a plan for securing employment. This may include, but not be limited to, such activities as resume writing, job seeking techniques, company career information, letters of recommendation, and practice interviews. Career information, career assessment testing, and career advising services are available in the career planning/student service areas on each campus. Assistance is given in locating and arranging internship/cooperative education opportunities for college credit. Career exploration courses are available for students to investigate career options, set goals, and develop a career plan.

The staff of the Career and Employment Services Office on each campus maintain lists of current job openings, helps students prepare for the job search and can arrange on-campus interviews for the convenience of employers and students. This information is also accessible online

Part-time, full-time, and temporary job opportunities are available for both current students and graduates. The career and employment services office staff assists students in the job search, but it is the student’s responsibility to ultimately find and secure employment.

The Career and Employment Services office sponsors career events such as job fairs, workshops, presentations, etc.

An annual report which combines student and employer follow-up results and career and employment services offices accomplishments is available online This report is compiled by CCC’s Institutional Research department.

Counseling Services

Central Community College offers a comprehensive counseling model with a variety of services that include counseling, outreach, prevention education and consultation. Individual and group counseling sessions are available to assist students struggling with problems including emotional, social, family or substance abuse issues. Central believes that resolving personal issues allows students to focus on their academic goals, which leads to a successful college experience. Students may access counseling services themselves or be referred by a CCC staff member. For more information visit

Dance Team

The CCC Dance Team, on the Columbus Campus, performs routines at home athletic events and other special events. The Dance Team provides students with an opportunity to dance, perform, and support athletic activities. Membership is by audition.

Disability Services

In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) (as amended, 2008) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Central Community College provides equal access to college programs, services, and activities for qualified students with disabilities. The Disability Services Office provides individualized services to students with disabilities to ensure access to reasonable and appropriate accommodations. Disability Services strives to create a fully accessible, inclusive environment for student learning, campus engagement, and residential life.  Accommodations are a student-led process, and students are encouraged to apply for accommodations by visiting the Disability Services home page at

Financial Aid

Central Community College participates in multiple financial aid programs: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Work Study, Federal Supplemental Educational Grant, Federal Direct Loan, Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), Nebraska Opportunity Grant, and various institutional, private and organizational scholarship programs.

All degree or diploma seeking students are eligible to apply for financial aid. Students must be enrolled for at least six semester hours (half-time) to be eligible for loans, work study and scholarships. To receive maximum eligibility levels, students must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours during any semester (fall, spring and summer).

Financial Aid Ability to Benefit

Regulations require that students who will be receiving federal or state financial aid must have the ability to benefit from a college education. A student is determined to have met ability to benefit if they possess one of the following: (1) a high school diploma; (2) a GED or its equivalent; or (3) home school completion certification.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

To apply for federal financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at The Federal Title IV school code for ALL CCC campuses is 014468. This application is used to determine financial needs at CCC, and most financial aid is awarded based on financial need.

The information provided on the financial aid application will be used to prepare a FAFSA Submission Summary, which should be received about a week after applying. For assistance with the application process, please contact any CCC Financial Aid Office or an EducationQuest office in Kearney, Lincoln, or Omaha.

Financial Aid Programs

Federal Pell Grant: This federal program provides Pell grants to students to help pay college costs. Pell Grant amounts can change yearly. Amounts awarded to students are dependent on the Student Aid Index (SAI), the cost of education, financial need, length of the enrollment period, and registration status.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity (FSEOG) and Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG) Programs: The federal and state governments provide funding for these grant programs. FSEOG and NOG funds are awarded to students having the greatest need. Priority for FSEOG is given to Pell Grant recipients with the lowest SAI. NOG eligibility is subject to change every year by the Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Post-Secondary Education.

Scholarships: Various scholarships are available to CCC students. Scholarship applications are typically available on the CCC website by October 1 for the upcoming academic year. Deadline to apply is March 1 for most scholarship programs. For more information on availability of scholarship after the deadline, please contact the financial aid office at (308) 398-7555 or

Federal Work Study: These programs provide part-time jobs on campus for students. Federal work study is based on need. Additionally, there are opportunities for community service work study jobs that may be either on- or off-campus.

Federal Direct Student Loan: This federal program provides educational loans to students. Dependent students in the first year of a program of study may borrow up to $5,500, while second-year students may borrow up to $6,500. Independent students have higher loan limits. The maximum amount undergraduates may borrow during their college program is $31,000 for dependent students and $57,500 for independent students.

Students are classified first-year for student loan purposes until they earn 30 credit hours pursuant toward an eligible program of study. Loan grade levels will be evaluated at the end of each term and impacted students will be notified of the grade level advancement.

Both subsidized and unsubsidized loan programs are available. Financial need and other sources of financial aid determine the loan program or programs for which students are eligible.

Repayment of loans begins six months after the student graduates, withdraws from college, or drops below half-time enrollment status, unless the student consolidates their loans. Students are advised to contact their loan servicer for details.

The financial aid director on each campus may refuse to certify a loan or certify a loan for less than the requested amount. This must be done on a case-by-case basis according to the guidance provided by federal regulations. The reason(s) for the decision will be provided to the student in writing, upon request.

Students who complete loan application requirements after the first two weeks of the semester will have their academic progress checked at the point of disbursement. Students who are not passing enough coursework to make them successful at least at a half-time status will have their eligibility reviewed and may be subject to loan cancellation or reduction.

Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS): The PLUS program assists eligible parents in paying college costs. Eligible parents of dependent students can borrow up to the cost of attendance, minus other financial aid. Parents are required to begin repayment shortly after receiving the loan unless they are granted a deferment. Deferment information is available from the lender or loan servicer.

Financial Aid Standards of Progress

The following components are measured to determine whether the student is meeting Standards of Academic Progress (SAP):

Grade Point Average: A student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.

Pace Requirement: This component of the SAP policy is measuring the pace at which a student must progress through his or her program of study to ensure completion within the maximum time frame permitted and provides for a measurement of the student’s progress at the end of the semester. Pace is calculated by determining the cumulative number of credit hours the student has successfully completed divided by the number of cumulative credit hours the student has attempted. To meet the pace requirement, the student’s completion rate must be 67% or higher. Attempted credits include any course taken for credit while attending CCC with the exception of foundations coursework and certain certificate options. Credit hours transferred in from another institution are included in both attempted and completed credits. (In order to discount any transfer credits, a degree audit would need to be provided to the financial aid office from the student’s advisor indicating how many transfer credits are actually being used toward the current program of study.) Successfully completed credit hours include all grades between an A and a D-. Credit hours that will not count as successfully completed include letter grades of F (Fail) or I (Incomplete), D (Drop) or W (Withdrawal). Title IV funds can pay for repeat coursework previously taken in a program as long as it is not a result of more than one repetition of a previously passed course. 

Maximum Time Frame (rate of program completion): Students are expected to complete their program of study within a reasonable time period. A student’s MTF is based on total credit hours attempted at CCC plus any transfer credits accepted towards their program of study. These limits must apply regardless of whether or not the student received federal funding for all or any of the credits attempted.

Students are eligible to receive aid for up to 150% of the published number of credit hours for a program of study. Example: If a program of study requires 64 credit hours to graduate, the maximum credit limit a student can take and receive financial aid would be 96 (64 x 150%). All credit hours attempted are counted toward MTF, with the exception of foundations coursework and short-term certificate options including but not limited to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medication Aide (MA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), and Truck Driving.

At the end of each semester, the total number of attempted credit hours will be counted to see if the student has reached the maximum number of credit hours for a program. This includes credit hours attempted in semesters where aid was not received, credit hours attempted prior to a change in a program of study, and credit hours transferred from another institution toward the program of study. Students who change majors should contact the financial aid office to find out how this affects their MTF. Also, students approaching or having reached maximum time frame have the right to file an appeal to request an extension.

Explanation of Statuses

Financial Aid Warning: Financial Aid Warning status is assigned to a student who fails to meet one or more of the SAP measures indicated above at the conclusion of a payment period. During a warning semester, the student may still receive financial aid. The student’s future financial aid eligibility is dependent upon how well the student does during the warning term. If the student completes the warning semester and now has a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and an overall 67% or above completion ratio, the student will be removed from financial aid warning status and restored to good standing. If, however, the student again fails to meet one or both of these requirements, the student will be placed on financial aid suspension.

Please Note: The Financial Aid Warning period does not apply to students failing or withdrawing 100% of their coursework in a term unless the students overall completion rate still falls at or above 67% and the cumulative GPA of 2.0 has been achieved. In the event of a 100% non-completion, students will be placed directly on financial aid suspension.

Suspension: A student will be placed on financial aid suspension if he/she fails to meet the academic standards of progress requirements at the end of a warning semester. This means losing eligibility for grants, federal work study, student loans, and institutional scholarships. Students who do not successfully complete any coursework in a term are automatically placed on suspension unless their overall completion rate at CCC still meets the 67% requirement and their cumulative GPA meets or exceeds 2.0.

Regaining Eligibility

A student may qualify for reinstatement of financial aid eligibility by enrolling in coursework at his/her own expense and bringing their cumulative GPA at or above 2.0 and by bringing their pace requirement up to 67% to meet the minimum requirements of the satisfactory academic progress policy.

Appeals: A student may appeal his or her financial aid suspension if extenuating circumstances (death of a family member, injury or illness of the student, or other special circumstances) exist. Appeal forms are available at any CCC financial aid office and must include supporting documentation of the circumstances. In the appeal request the student must provide information regarding why he/she failed to meet the SAP requirements, and what has changed in the student’s situation that would allow them to demonstrate satisfactory academic progress at the next evaluation. If a student’s appeal is granted, he or she will be placed on financial aid probation. A student on probation may receive aid for one payment period. At that point, the student must meet CCC’s standards of academic progress or the requirements of an academic plan that was established on an individual student basis as a result of the appeal process. Denied appeals may be directed to the CCC Area Director of Financial Aid Services.

Additional Financial Aid Information

Registration Status: The student’s official registration status for financial aid purposes is locked in at the end of the 100% refund period. This census date falls after the tenth class day in the fall and spring semesters for students who start classes on the first day of the term. Details on census date information is detailed in a separate section. The 100% refund period will most likely be different for summer coursework. Check with the financial aid office regarding questions about how summer aid awards will be determined.

Return of Federal Funds: Students who receive Federal financial aid but fail to complete any coursework will be subject to a Return of Federal Funds calculation and may be required to repay a portion of the aid that has been disbursed. Students who are considering withdrawing their entire class schedule should check with the Financial Aid Office first to find out what the consequences will be in terms of repayment and future financial aid eligibility.

Foundations Education Coursework: (Sometimes referred to as developmental or remedial coursework.) Students may receive financial aid for a maximum of 30 credits of foundations education coursework.

Incompletes: Incomplete grades are counted as an ‘F’ until they have been successfully completed within the appropriate time frame. The financial aid status will be reviewed when the course has been completed and the grade is changed.

Additional Degree: If a student has completed one program of study, he/she may qualify for federal, state or institutional aid for an additional qualifying program of study. The student is required to file and appeal and may be required to meet with the aid office for a credit evaluation to determine eligibility.

Withdrawals: Students withdrawing all coursework during a semester will be placed on financial aid suspension, with the right to file an appeal. The only exception to this will be when the student has enough prior coursework successfully completed at CCC to still meet the overall 67% completion requirement and 2.0 minimum cumulative grade point average.

Evaluation Time Frame: All aid recipients will have their standards of academic progress evaluated at the end of each term of enrollment. Students placed on warning, probation, or suspension will be notified of their status via regular U.S. mail. It is the responsibility of the student to keep their address updated with the college.

Food Service

Cafeteria services are available on the Columbus, Grand Island, and Hastings campuses. The cafeterias are closed during student breaks. Cafeteria and snack bar hours are posted on each campus. More information about campus dining is available at

Students who live in campus residence halls must contract for both food and room. Students residing off-campus may also purchase a food plan by contacting the dining services director on their campus.


Intramural athletic programs are provided at Columbus, Grand Island, and Hastings. Depending on the campus they attend, students may participate in basketball, softball, volleyball, flag football, soccer, and bowling. Other intramural sports may be provided if enough students are interested. Contact the Student Activities Director on your campus for more information.

Library Resource Center

Library services are provided on each campus and hours of operation are posted. The Central Community College Libraries offer a broad range of print materials, online databases, computers and printers, and friendly guidance to help students access the resources necessary to excel in their coursework. CCC provides students access to online databases such as EBSCOhost, ProQuest, and ERIC, and offers checkout of print materials to students or anyone with a Nebraska driver’s license. More information is available online at

Art, Music and Theatre

Vocal and instrumental groups, theatre productions, and studio arts activities are available on the Columbus campus. These opportunities are available to all students. Previous experience is not required.

Registration Services

The college has Registration offices at the Columbus, Grand Island, and Hastings campuses. General registration is held prior to the beginning of classes each semester. At that time, students who have not previously registered should meet with an advisor to plan a class schedule. WebCentral may also be used to evaluate programs of study (the website will evaluate classes taken and show classes needed for graduation) and determine appropriate courses for registration.

Students must pay for their classes at the time of registration or elect to pay prior to the established payment deadline. It is each student’s responsibility to become familiar with registration schedules, deadlines, completion of registration forms, and to obtainrequired signatures.

Students planning to enroll at sites other than one of the three campuses can register for classes by using the student portal, by calling (308) 398-7412, or by contacting the nearest center in your area. The center staff will assist with the registration process.

Adding, Dropping, or Withdrawing from Courses

Adding, dropping, or withdrawing from courses can impact a student’s financial aid, ability to reside in the residence hall, and how much a student pays for college. It is important for students to fully understand the financial effects of decisions to change their schedule. It is strongly recommended that prior to adding, dropping or withdrawing from a course, students consult with the staff in the Student Accounts Office and in the Financial Aid Office, if the student is receiving financial aid, prior to making changes. Students are responsible for initiating any additions to their schedules, requesting a course be dropped, and also for initiating a course withdrawal.

Adding Courses

Students may add courses to their schedule during open/general registration and during the free drop and add period of a semester. Please refer to the college calendar for the exact dates. Some courses and workshops have flexible start dates or may begin after the start of a semester. Check with the registration office at each campus for details. Students who add courses during a term will pay the current tuition and fees for each credit hour added.

Instructor or Associate Dean of Instruction approval is required to add lecture and online courses during the second week of classes. After the free drop period, students will not be allowed to register for lecture or online courses without a signed Enrollment Exception form.

Any student registering for over 20 credits for the Fall and Spring term and over 12 credits for summer term will require special approval by the division dean of instruction responsible for the students declared program of study.

Students may add classes by:

  1. Online using WebCentral
  2. Completing a Add/Drop form and submitting it to the registration office
  3. Calling (308) 398-7412

The Difference between a Dropped Course and a Withdrawn Course

“Dropping” a course is different from “Withdrawing” from a course. “Dropping” only applies during the registration period before classes start and in the beginning days of a class up to the free drop date. A dropped course is completely removed from a student’s records and will not appear on a transcript. Classes that are removed from a student’s schedule after the free drop date has passed are considered “Withdrawals.” A course that a student has withdrawn from will remain on a student’s transcripts and will appear with a grade of “W”.

Dropping Courses

The free drop date is published in the academic calendar for courses that meet for the entire 16 weeks of a semester. Drop dates for classes that are not scheduled to meet for the entire 16 weeks of a semester are available at the Registration Offices on each of the campuses. Students can drop classes and receive a 100% refund or exchange equal credits free of charge on or before the free drop date for the course.

Federal Student Aid recipients who add and drop courses during the semester should consult with the staff in the Financial Aid Office because financial aid eligibility may be affected.

Students may drop courses by:

  1. Completing a Add/Drop form and submitting it to the registration office
  2. Sending a request via their college email account to the Registrar’s office
  3. Calling (308) 398-7412

Withdrawing From Courses

Course withdraws may be made prior to the last day to withdraw, based on the course’s scheduled session length (see chart). A student may not withdraw from a course after the published last day to withdraw or the course end date, whichever comes first.

Students may withdraw from classes by:

  1. Completing a Add/Drop form after the free drop date has passed for the course and submitting it to the registration office
  2. Sending a request via their college email account to the registrar’s office
  3. Calling (308) 398-7412 and requesting to be withdrawn from the course. A verification number will be given to students who withdraw from a course by phone

When Students May Withdraw from Classes (Deadlines)

Course Scheduled Session Length College Instructional Days - Student May Withdraw
17 Weeks or Greater

Prior to the last 20 days of class of a 16 week course in the same semester.
(Same as a 16 week class)

16-13 Weeks

prior to the last 20 days of class

12-9 Weeks

prior to the last 14 days of class

8-5 Weeks

prior to the last 10 days of class

4-1 Weeks

prior to the last 3 days of class

1-0 Weeks prior to the first day of class

Course Prerequisites

For a student to be successful, basic skill-building knowledge is needed prior to taking more advanced college courses. Prerequisite courses are to be taken and passed prior to taking a more advanced course. A prerequisite in the career and technical program courses can be waived by Credit by Program Examination/Prior Learning if it is determined that a student has met those requirements through previously taking a similar course or through related life experiences. Equivalent transfer courses will also satisfy the prerequisite. The prerequisite course instructor will submit a Credit by Program/Prior Learning form to the Registration Office. General education prerequisites cannot be waived.

Withdrawal from College

Withdrawal from college constitutes withdrawing from all registered courses in a semester.

It is recommended that all students who withdraw from college consult with their academic advisor prior to withdrawing. Withdrawal procedures must be completed properly to avoid possible problems regarding residence hall charges, re-enrollment, financial balances, grades, and transcript discrepancies.

Students who officially withdraw from college will be given a refund of institutional charges, if due, in accordance with the tuition and fees refund statement and rules for the refund of meal plan fees from their housing contract (if applicable). Federal student aid recipients who withdraw from college should refer to the Return of Federal Title IV Funds section of the college catalog. Students who withdraw from college that are financial aid recipients typically have to pay financial aid funds back to the federal government and this could reduce or eliminate any refund of tuition, fees or meal plan funds. Balances owed to the federal government may prevent use of financial aid in the future both at CCC and at other institutions of higher education.

Student Records

Academic Bankruptcy

See the Academic Bankruptcy section on the Instructional Information  page.

Records Retention

The college will comply with Revised State Statutes 84-1201 to 84-1226 and federal statutes related to data management and record retention. A copy of the state “Records Retention and Disposition Schedule” is located in the Office of the Vice President of Administrative Services. Federal requirements are listed in Guide to Record Retention Requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations (copy available at the Administrative Office).

Residency Address

Only the Registration Office has the authority to make address changes. Student Accounts Offices are responsible for a student’s accounts receivable address if it is different than the permanent address. The student’s permanent address and work phone number will be collected.

Students who change their home address or mailing address are expected to notify CCC of this change immediately using the student portal or by contacting the campus Registration Office. Documentation may be required.

Resident Status

The parents’ address is considered the permanent address for dependent students in determining residency. Students not financially dependent on their parents must live in Nebraska for 180 days with the bona fide intention of making Nebraska their permanent residence as outlined in Revised State Statutes of Nebraska.


The Campus Records Office assists students with the registration process, maintains student records, provides transcripts, verifies and certifies enrollment status, issues grade reports, issues degrees, diplomas, and certificates, and processes name and address changes. All courses registered for, and in progress, at Central Community College (CCC) will be reflected on a student’s transcript.

To make a request for a transcript, go to

Residence Life/On-Campus Student Housing

On-campus residence halls are available at Columbus and Hastings for full-time students and other students approved by the housing director on each campus. On-campus residents must be at least 17 years of age. Private apartment style residences are available adjacent to the Grand Island campus. Full-time students attending the CCC Kearney Center are able to reside in campus housing at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.  Interested students can visit with Kearney Center Student Services staff members for details on how to apply. There is no on-campus housing for married students.

On-campus residence hall rooms are furnished with beds, mattresses, wardrobes, and study desks. Students residing in the residence halls must provide their own bedding, pillows, towels, and personal items. The residence halls will be closed to students during the December/January holiday break. Students requesting to stay over other breaks must notify the housing office director one week prior to the break. Please review the CCC Residence Life information online at for more complete details about residence hall living.

Student Activities and Organizations

At CCC, the Student Activities and Engagement Office offers opportunities for co-curricular learning that enrich and entertain students’ lives while in college. Students can participate and engage with their campus through a wide array of activities and events designed to promote interpersonal, educational, and professional growth.  Activities range from intramurals, student clubs and organizations, student travel, recreational spaces, community connections, and guest performances. 

Student organizations enable students to be positively connected to Central and to develop a sense of pride through membership, involvement on campus, and leadership growth. Students can learn about the various student organizations at CCC by visiting the Student Activities and Engagement Office located on each campus or by visiting

Testing Center/Assessment Services

Assessments to measure basic skills, interests, aptitude, and abilities are available to all students. Assessment Services help students determine academic and career goals, complete pre-enrollment assessment requirements for specialized programs, and help to identify specific strengths or deficiencies in educational preparation or skills.

TRIO/Student Support Services (SSS)

The TRIO Student Support Services program is a federally funded program available college-wide to provide resources for first-generation college, low income, or students with disabilities to help facilitate the successful completion of their educational program. Student participants receive one-on-one assistance and advice from TRIO staff members. Studies of TRIO participants have shown that they are more likely to stay in school, complete coursework, graduate, or transfer to a four-year institutions than similar students who are not in a TRIO program. Contact the TRIO/SSS Coordinator located at any CCC campus about participation in this program. Participation is limited by grant parameters. More information about TRIO is available online at


Please see the Academic Success Center information for details.

Veterans & Military Resource Centers

CCC has Veterans and Military Resource Centers (VMRC) located on all campuses and at the Kearney Center. The VMRCs welcome and support Veteran and military-connected individuals who are transitioning from the military to student life or starting/restarting college. The VMRC’s mission is to provide student Veterans, service members, and their families with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to be successful in the classroom and, ultimately, in life.

Each VMRC is a dedicated area designed to connect students who have served in the military, are currently serving, or are in military families.  VMRC staff are Veterans and service members who can provide referrals, address questions or concerns, and assist military-connected students in applying for and managing earned VA or Department of Defense benefits.

CCC’s Veteran & Military Resource Centers have received multiple national recognitions and awards for exceptional support of military-connected students.

The VMRCs are located at:

  • Columbus Campus, Room 208
  • Grand Island Campus, Room 444
  • Hastings Campus, Hall Student Union, Room 163
  • Kearney Center, Room 231

VA Educational Benefit Information

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) evaluates and approves Central Community College’s educational programs on a program-by-program basis for eligibility of funding under the VA Education Benefits and other programs. Veterans, service members, or family members interested in attending college may contact these offices for information regarding benefit eligibility or assistance with the application process:

After applying for education benefits and receiving the Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, students may provide a copy to the CCC School Certifying Official (SCO) to certify enrollment and class attendance. The VA requires benefit recipients to make normal progress in their course of study and meet CCC’s standards of progress.  The School Certifying Official will not certify VA benefits for a recipient if standards of progress are not maintained.

CCC does not impose any penalty, assess late fees, deny access to classes, libraries or other institutional facilities or require a benefit recipient to borrow additional funds due to the individual’s inability to meet financial obligations to CCC because of a delayed funding disbursement from the Departments of Defense or Veterans Affairs [Chapters 31 or 33]. This procedure applies only to the portion of funds for tuition and fees paid directly to CCC by the VA, not for additional expenses incurred by the benefit recipient. Visit to see what VA Chapters 31 and 35 may pay student Veterans in addition to tuition, fees, and books.

CCC provides an individualized College Financing Plan through WebCentral. The VMRC and/or SCO will inform benefit recipients of the availability of federal financial aid, not administered by VA, offered by the institution and connect individuals with information on potential eligibility for other federal financial aid before packaging or arranging student loans or alternative financing.

Veterans & Military policies and procedures also apply to eligible dependents. For more information and VMRC staff contacts, visit the Veterans and Military Resource Center online at