Students in the Energy Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program are prepared to enter the field as installation or maintenance technicians in energy technology, such as photovoltaic or passive solar, wind turbine technology, or battery storage system design. Students will study the following areas: solar energy system design, wind energy system design, and energy management.
Student Learning Outcomes
Energy Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Practice safe work habits.
- Exhibit personal standards accepted in the business and working world.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of solar power systems
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of wind energy systems
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of energy storage
The Energy Technology program will provide students with skills in a variety of high demand careers such as Wind Site Technician, Solar Site Technician, and Energy Management Technician. This program prepares students for entry-level and project management positions in the installation, maintenance, sales, battery storage, and financing of energy systems. Career and employment services are provided by the college.