The mechatronics program will provide the fundamental knowledge necessary to install, maintain, calibrate, and repair the latest equipment in a variety of manufacturing and industrial facilities. This program provides a combination of technical as well as scientific knowledge needed to work in industrial processing, and maintenance. Instructional courses include: electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, science, programmable logic controllers, motors, transformers, motor controls, process controls, pumps, and mechanical systems.
Note: Program available at the Columbus campus only.
Student Learning Outcomes
Mechatronics graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate good safety practices.
- Apply technical knowledge to solve problems.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of fluid power.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to diagnose and isolate system problems.
- Use technical manuals to diagnose and repair systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment control systems.
Associate of Applied Science