The Information Technology & Systems (IT&S) program provides an educational environment where fundamental knowledge and professional experience needed in the information technology profession is gained. Students are exposed to IT&S careers and technology through practical classroom experiences and lab activities. Students graduating from this program will be prepared to enter technology fields such as software development, helpdesk technical support or computer network design and support. Information technology skills are used in nearly every business. Information Technology & Systems specialization areas include:
- Information Technology & Systems Developer
- Information Technology & Systems Networking
- Information Technology & Systems Technical Support
Student Learning Outcomes
Information Technology & Systems graduates are prepared to:
- Design, configure, troubleshoot and maintain networking environments for small business and enterprise organizations.
- Integrate technology resources into organizational and business processes using IT Service Management Techniques applying effective front-line technical support.
- Create software applications using System Development Methodologies.
- Demonstrate professional workplace skills to include: teamwork, ethical practice, legal considerations and effective customer service.
Associate of Applied Science