Quality technicians use a variety of scientific processes to guarantee the quality of the products their firms manufacture. The program was developed to meet the growing need for quality technicians that are needed in a global economy. The technical and math skills required in the program meet the standards of the American Society for Quality on their Certified Quality Technician Body of Knowledge.
Student Learning Outcomes
Quality Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate the necessary theoretical concepts and practical skills in quality technology and related areas.
- Support the organizational goal of producing a quality product or service.
- Understand the cost of quality and problem solving tools for continuous improvement.
- Apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques, including, charting, interpreting, and analyzing process capability.
- Have working knowledge in best practices and the international quality standards known as ISO 9000 through 9004, ISO 10011, 10012 and ISO 14000.
- Participate in high performance teams.
- Apply various quality audit types and their components, tools and techniques.
- Integrate knowledge of quality disciplines to define problems.
- Use modern technology effectively.
Associate of Applied Science