The Media Arts program at Central Community College is dedicated to providing the educational opportunities, the creative environment, and the professional experience necessary for students planning careers in digital broadcasting, graphic arts, photography, and video production.
The program is unique as it merges these fields into one course of study. While concentrating on a specialization, students are exposed to a range of opportunities that allow them to see how other media specialties are integrated into their field of study.
Note: Program available at the Hastings campus only
Student Learning Outcomes
Media Arts graduates are prepared to:
- Display the specific skills necessary to produce professional digital broadcast, graphic art, photography or video projects.
- Propose the most effective social media for clients to reach their target demographic.
- Choose industry-standard software appropriate for specific projects.
- Promote client relationships through effective communication.
- Use creative audio, graphics, images, or video to develop a digital portfolio.
Associate of Applied Science