The electrical technology program provides the fundamental knowledge needed for employment as a construction electrician, industrial electrician, electric motor service person, and equipment sales person.
The training received in the electrical program will also help one obtain employment installing and servicing fire alarms, security systems, fiber optics, and other communications systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
Electrical Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate proper procedures for installing electrical equipment.
- Apply skills learned to assist journeymen and master electricians on the job.
- Develop skills needed to become a journeyman and master electrician.
- Apply NEC national, state and local codes to a variety of applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrate good safety practices.
- Utilize proper electrical terminology.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of electrical wiring practices.
Associate of Applied Science