The Drafting and Design Technology program provides the fundamental knowledge and skills for employment in the drafting field. Skills are acquired to prepare clear, complete, and accurate plans and detailed drawings for use in the building industry and manufacturing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Drafting and Design Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Apply basic design principles when developing plans and detailed drawings.
- Demonstrate proficiency with a variety of software design programs.
- Demonstrate freehand sketching, orthographic projection, and pictorial representation skills.
- Make decisions using basic problem-solving skills.
- Communicate technical details in written and verbal forms.
Associate of Applied Science