Students in the construction technology program will acquire the skills necessary for employment in the areas of residential and light commercial construction. Students may pursue areas of special interest such as framing, roofing, and cabinet-making. Related courses in drafting, welding, and residential wiring are also available as options to give students a solid background in construction.
Student Learning Outcomes
Construction Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Practice safe work habits.
- Demonstrate proper framing practices that meet IRC codes.
- Install exterior finishes including roofing materials, siding, exterior doors and windows.
- Install interior finishes including interior doors, drywall, build and install custom cabinetry.
- Apply basic management principles that have been acquired through the construction courses.
Associate of Applied Science