Quality technicians use a variety of scientific processes to guarantee the quality of the products their firms manufacture. The program was developed to meet the growing need for quality technicians that are needed in a global economy. The technical and math skills required in the program meet the standards of the American Society for Quality on their Certified Quality Technician Body of Knowledge.
Student Learning Outcomes
Quality Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate the necessary theoretical concepts and practical skills in quality technology and related areas.
- Support the organizational goal of producing a quality product or service.
- Understand the cost of quality and problem solving tools for continuous improvement.
- Apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques, including, charting, interpreting, and analyzing process capability.
- Have working knowledge in best practices and the international quality standards known as ISO 9000 through 9004, ISO 10011, 10012 and ISO 14000.
- Participate in high performance teams.
- Apply various quality audit types and their components, tools and techniques.
- Integrate knowledge of quality disciplines to define problems.
- Use modern technology effectively.
Employment opportunities in quality technology exist in both large and small organizations. Some areas that students may find positions in are manufacturing, tool and die production, medical/hospital management, data control organizations and state and federal governmental agencies.
Typical Program of Study
To assist students in determining the sequence of courses they might take to complete their educational goals, the proposed program of study is provided. A student’s final program of study will be influenced by factors such as placement test scores, prior college experiences, course availability, transfer requirements, program admission requirements, and special areas of interest. A student intending to major in this program must consult with his/her advisor prior to any academic planning and registering.
Associate of Applied Science