The auto body technology program provides the fundamental knowledge and skills for employment in the collision repair industry.
Specialization areas include:
- Painting, reconditioning, and refinishing
- Sheet metal repair/replacement
Student Learning Outcomes
Auto Body Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Make entry-level repairs to prepare a vehicle for refinishing, including welding, plastics repair and metal straightening.
- Prepare a vehicle for refinishing, including masking, application of primers and top coats.
- Exhibit personal standards accepted in the auto body industry.
Depending on the area of specialization, a variety of employment opportunities are available, including automotive service departments, independent repair shops, private ownership, factory representatives, and insurance adjusters. Career and employment services are provided by the college.
Typical Program of Study
To assist students in determining the sequence of courses they might take to complete their educational goals, the proposed program of study is provided. A student’s final program of study will be influenced by factors such as placement test scores, prior college experiences, course availability, transfer requirements, program admission requirements, and special areas of interest. A student intending to major in this program must consult with his/her advisor prior to any academic planning and registering.
Associate of Applied Science