The Drafting and Design Technology program provides the fundamental knowledge and skills for employment in the drafting field. Skills are acquired to prepare clear, complete, and accurate plans and detailed drawings for use in the building industry and manufacturing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Drafting and Design Technology graduates are prepared to:
- Apply basic design principles when developing plans and detailed drawings.
- Demonstrate proficiency with a variety of software design programs.
- Demonstrate freehand sketching, orthographic projection, and pictorial representation skills.
- Make decisions using basic problem-solving skills.
- Communicate technical details in written and verbal forms.
Employment opportunities in drafting and design technology can be found in manufacturing, engineering firms, architecture firms, steel fabricators, detailing firms, construction companies, and governmental agencies. Career and employment services are provided by the college.
Typical Program of Study
To assist students in determining the sequence of courses they will take to complete their educational goals, the proposed program of study is provided. A student’s final program of study will be influenced by factors such as placement test scores, prior college experiences, course availability, transfer requirements, program admission requirements, and special areas of interest. A student intending to major in this program must consult with his/her advisor prior to any academic planning and registering.
Associate of Applied Science